For making a declaration under IDS 2016, a declarant has to fill the following Forms:
• FORM 1: For making a declaration under IDS, 2016.
• FORM 2: Acknowledgement of valid declaration issued by Jurisdictional Commissioner to the declarant.
• FORM 3 : For furnishing proof of payment of tax, surcharge , penalty, TDS credit availed to the Jurisdictional Commissioner after receiving Form 2
• FORM 4: Certificate to be issued by Jurisdictional Commissioner after submission of Form 3
PREREQUISITES FOR UPLOADING FORM 1:
For Uploading a declaration of income in Form 1, a declarant should have a valid PAN & should be registered on E-filing portal.
A valid XML file should be generated using the JAVA Utility available under downloads. The JAVA utility of Form 1 can be downloaded from the path Downloads Forms (Other than ITR) Form 1.
Form 1 (Income Declaration Scheme, 2016) can be uploaded using either DSC or EVC.
If the user opts to use the DSC facility, a valid DSC should be registered in e-Filing portal for uploading Form 1 and Form 3
STEPS FOR PREPARING & SUBMITTTING FORM 1:
1. For preparing & submitting online Form 1, user shall login to E-Filing portal<< IDS << Prepare & Submit Online Form 1 <<.
2. Then user shall be directed to a page where user can select the option to whom to submit form 1. (Principal CIT or CIT Bengalore)
Declaration to CIT can be made by using either DSC /EVC but declaration to CIT Bengalore can be made by using DSC only.
3. After above selection user can continue to open FORM 1. User shall fill all mandatory fields & click on submit.
OPTION 1: Submission of FORM 1 using EVC ( where DSC is not used)
EVC Verification has three options:
(a) I already have an EVC to verify FORM 1: Click on the option, enter the Electronic Verification Code (EVC) and click on “Submit”
(b) I do not have EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-verify my Form: Click on the option & options to generate EVC through Net Banking, Bank Account No., DEMAT Account no. appears & EVC can be generated by using any of them.
(c) I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify the Form: Click on the option & generate OTP for E-verification.
OPTION 2: Submission of FORM 1 using DSC:
(a) If a declarant has a DSC registered with E-filing portal, then on submission , a screen appears that displays the link to download DSC utility of Income Tax Deptt .
(b) The declarant shall generate the DSC file, Upload the signature file generated using DSC Management Utility for the uploaded XML file..
(c) On Successful submission a success message will be displayed on the screen..
FOR VIEWING UPLOADED FILES:
Login to e Filing, Go to IDS << View Forms << Receipt No.
The uploaded file can also be downloaded from the same location.